If you have paid attention to the skin on your face, you would have noticed that sometimes, the texture of the skin on some areas of the face is very different from the rest of it. Want to know why this happens?
Well, as we age, some of the pores present on our face expand more than the others. As a result, they become more likely to get clogged with dirt, dead skin, and sebum. This makes the texture of the skin in those areas different and uneven. And this, in turn, gives our face a very unsightly appearance.
There are many products available in the market, which claim to treat this uneven appearance. However, their effectiveness is always in doubt. Besides, they are also composed of a lot of chemicals, which may not always suit you. To avoid this, we have put together a list of home remedies which will help you in treating this skin issue in a far gentler way by making use of ingredients available at home. Read on to know more.
Remedy #1: Sugar And Egg White
The protein component of the eggs, when combined with the rough texture of the sugar, works great in exfoliating the skin and making its uneven surface smoother. For this remedy, you will need the following ingredients in the measurements given below:
- One egg
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Preparation And Use
- Crack the egg open and separate the albumen (the transparent portion of the egg) and keep it in a container.
- Now, add the sugar in the container and mix the ingredients well to form a thick paste.
- With the help of a brush, apply this paste on your face as well as on your neck. Gently massage it with your fingertips for exfoliation. Do this for about 5 minutes.
- Leave the paste on for about 30 minutes, so that it dries.
- After that, wash off the dried-off paste by rinsing it off with warm water, and pat your face dry. Follow this step by applying a mild moisturizer on your face to seal the moisture.
- Use this remedy two to three times a week to get the best results.
Remedy #2: Lemon Juice And Salt
Lemon is a great source of vitamin C and is also used as a skin-lightening agent in many home remedies. This makes it a great alternative for treating uneven skin with patchy complexion. The salt in this remedy is going to act as an exfoliant. For this remedy, you will need the following ingredients in the measurements given below:
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt (unprocessed)
Preparation And Use
- Take a ripe lemon and squeeze out its juice in the required quantities and set it aside in a small bowl.
- Add the salt in this bowl and mix it with lemon juice. Since it is unprocessed salt, it will not completely dissolve in the juice. Some chunks of it will be left behind.
- Apply this paste on the skin and scrub it in with your fingertips for a few minutes to exfoliate the skin.
- Leave it on to dry for about 10–15 minutes. Wipe off the dried up paste with a towel dipped in warm water.
- You can use this remedy on alternate days till you get the results you desire.
Remedy #3: Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) And Rose Water
Fuller’s Earth, has been a key herbal ingredient for a lot of home remedies meant for treating skin issues in the Indian culture. The coarse texture of the soil will act as a great exfoliant, allowing you to even out the texture of your skin. It will also give it a natural glow. For this remedy, you will need the following ingredients in the measurements given below:
- 3–4 tablespoons of rose water
- 2 tablespoons of Multani mitti
Preparation And Use
- Add the ingredients in a small bowl and mix them well. The paste should be of thick consistency since it needs to exfoliate the skin on your face. So use the rose water sparingly.
- Begin the process by washing your face with warm water as that will open your pores and allow Multani mitti to get absorbed by them.
- Now apply the paste on your skin. Make sure to apply an even layer throughout.
- Leave it on for half an hour or till it dries off completely. Remove it by wiping it away with a towel dipped in lukewarm water. Follow it up by applying a mild moisturizer to lock-in the moisture content.
- Repeat the use of this remedy two to three times a week to get visible results.
These home remedies will be light on your pocket as well as your skin. Try them out and let us know how it worked out for you. In case you are allergic to any of the ingredients used in the remedies, we suggest you consult a dermatologist before using them.
If you know of any other home remedies that can treat uneven texture in skin, please share them with us in the comments section.