- Ready to get toned, strong arms? Not only will these exercises help strengthen your biceps, triceps and everything in between, you’ll also see the difference in your… armpits?
- If that little extra fold of skin between your arm and chest bugs the daylights out of you, don’t freak. It’s common — and nothing to feel bad about.
- While it’s common knowledge that there’s no way to spot-reduce fat, it’s also true that daily fat-burning cardio and strength training can tighten muscle groups. So try these eight targeted arm exercises to help blast away armpit fat. Aim to complete three sets of this workout three times a week.
- For this workout you’ll need the following equipment:
- light dumbbells (3-5 lbs)
- heavy dumbbells (8-12 lbs)
- squishy ball (or a throw pillow)
1. Tricep Pushup
- Step 1: Get into a standard pushup position with your hands directly in front of your chest, squeezing your elbows to your sides. Lower your chest toward the floor while keeping your upper arms parallel to your sides and your elbows pointing straight back.
- Step 2: Push back up to start.
» Do the work: Perform 8 triceps pushups; move on to Move #2.
- Step 1: Stand with feet hip-width distance apart, holding a set of dumbbells at your sides, palms facing in. Roll the shoulders back and down and brace the core.
- Step 2: Exhale and lift the arms: One comes forward and the other moves out to the side, creating an “L” shape. Keep the arms at shoulder height. Lower to the hips and repeat on the other side. Control the move — no swinging! Use 3-5 lb. dumbbells.
» Do the work: Perform 20 L-raises (10 on each side); move on to move #3.