It’s not easy having a lot of fat on your arms, especially for us women.
The thing about arm fat is that it’s one of those areas that acquire a lot of fat that end up forming those flabs, then it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Not only that but flabby arms are normally accompanied by armpit fat, which is likely to spill over when you wear strapless clothing.
That’s why some people wear only long sleeves, so as to hide the fat.
In this post you’re going to discover 3 arm fat workouts for women, without weights. But before we move on to the routine let’s figure out what is leading to excessive arm fat.
Of course we know that arm fat is due to the accumulation of excess fat. It’s one of the places where fat storage is most likely to occur. But one of the biggest culprits for arm fat is a low metabolism.
As you age your metabolic rate will decrease, hence you’ll be burning less calories and storing more fat.
The other reason is low activity level. If you spend most of your days sitting down and not making time to exercise regularly throughout the week, then it can lead to excessive fat storage.
The science is very simple. The more active you are is the more calories you will burn.
Now let’s get into the 3 arm fat workouts that you will be doing to help you get those lean jiggle-free arms.
1. Wall push-ups
- Stand up facing the wall at arms length and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Now lean your body forward and put your palms flat against the wall at shoulder height and shoulder width apart.
- Slowly bend your elbows and lower your upper body towards the wall in a controlled motion while your feet remain flat on the ground.
- Hold the position for one second, now slowly push yourself back to the starting position until your arms are straight.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps
2. Triceps dip
- To do this move position your hands shoulder-width apart on a stable bench or chair.
- Now you’re going to slowly slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out right in front of you.
- Make sure your arms are partially straight, keep a little bend in your elbows to keep attention on your triceps.
- Now slowly bend your elbows to your lower body to the ground until your elbows form a 90 degree angle.
- Once you have slightly touched the floor with your buttocks push against the bench to straighten your elbows, pushing your body back up into the original position.
- Do 3 sets 25 reps.
3. Knee push-up
- Get down on your knees with your hands supporting your upper body and your elbows straight.
- Now slowly lower your upper body by bending your elbow until your chest grazes the floor, hold for one second.
- Push your upper body back into the original starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
Adding A Cardio Fat Blaster
To maximize your results you want to add a cardio workout routine to help increase your calorie burn.
For you to see great results you will need to include some high intensity cardio moves because just doing arm fat targeted exercises won’t be enough.
Therefore, combining both will give you amazing results. In the video below is a calorie burning routine that you can combine with the arm fat exercises.
Tips to help you lose arm faT
Be realistic with your expectations
If you want to lose weight and keep it off then you have to be consistent and persistent with the workout plan. Not only that, but you have to maintain a healthy diet.
Everyone’s result will vary, some might lose some fat in the first week while some might see it in 2 weeks.
The point is that it depends on the level of fitness and your currently activity level. But you should be determined to see it through.
Go easy on the calorie intake
If you want to burn fat then you have to burn more calories than you actually consume. In this case, you want to lose arm fat as soon as possible, therefore, slightly reducing your calorie intake will help.
A good number to go by is reducing it by 500 calories per day.
Drink up your water
Many studies have revealed how drinking water consistently throughout the day will lead to a more active metabolic activity, regardless of whether you’re dieting or not.
Make sure that you’re drinking enough water to help flush out waste and toxins to improve your overall health.
Ideally, drink about 65 ounces of water per day which equates to about eight glasses.
Get one of those water bottles that you can carry with you all the time as you can sip throughout the day to help keep your body fully hydrated.
Note: Ensure that your body’s fully hydrated before starting your workout sessions, as the more hydrated you are is the more energy you will have to supercharge your workouts.
Start to eat more frequently
When you eat smaller meals throughout the day it will give your body the necessary nutrients it needs to fully recover after your workout sessions.
However, the biggest benefit is that eating frequently throughout the day will decrease the likelihood of you over eating and taking excess calories.
Make sure to eat a good breakfast
There’s a reason why your mom used to ensure that you eat before you head off to school in the mornings. That’s because it’s the most important meal of the day.
When you eat a good healthy breakfast you’ll feel fuller for most of the day and you will be less likely to snack and eat extra calories that you don’t need.
Yes, you have to eat healthy!
Your diet should mostly comprise of vegetables, lean proteins, fruits, healthy fats, slow digesting carbohydrates and whole grains.
If your diet consists of 90% of these items, it’s impossible for you not to lose weight, even if you’re not working out.
But don’t take this as cue that you don’t need to exercise.
If you want to have a sexy and lean body then you have to exercise.
One of the hardest thing to do in life is to start anything, the same goes for exercising. You don’t have to workout every day, just 3-4 times week can work wonders for you arms.
Be persistent and give these a shot and you won’t be disappointed.